Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ear and sound

It all started with an Alfred Tomatis (founder of the Tomatis Method) article on the energetics of sound and mantra listening (fascinating article but I'm too lazy to write about it right now) and this led me on youtube searching for more videos on his method and, as you well know, once you're on youtube you're bound to make all sorts of Hesse-an discoveries. So this search led me for some reason to the tuvan throat singing then to throat techniques then to ave maria tuvan style then to comments then to Bobby McFerrin. I never realized how amazing this fellow was!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is an excellent video in 10 parts with him and some neuro scientists. Worth to watch!! Part 1/... just follow the lead.

2 comments:

Owner said...

ahhhhhhhhhh you're killing meeeeeee

you can't just say "some neuroscientists"..

WHICH????? neuroscientists.. :)))))))))))))))))

mmmmmm.... neuroscientists.... :)))))))))

A. B. said...

Sorry dearest:))
They are presented right in the begining of the video, and since I don't know any names anyway...
I do agree though its a shocking way of presenting things:)